Streaming error

I have the same issue. I installed my Ring on Monday and it worked fine. It stopped working the next day.

Hey neighbors. I see a lot of you are having a similar concern so I’d like to summarize some quick troubleshooting steps for you. First, you’ll want to check the RSSI of your device, as well as check for anything that could cause wifi interference. If you have a strong RSSI, try some of these tips and tricks.

Next, you can perform a reset of your device and attempt to reconnect it to wifi. It’s also a good practice to reboot your router when attempting these steps. Once this is complete, activate Live View from the Ring app and Rapid Ring app with wifi only or cellular only to see which gives the best results.

If you’ve tried all of these steps to no avail, you can reach out to our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Larry - before going into all the RSSI nonsense make sure you turn your VPN off if you have one running. Ring doesn’t like those. When you get an alert just switch it off to look at the video and then turn it back on. Pretty simple fix if that’s the issue.

I’ve done all of this. Reset modem, WiFi speed is good and I have a chime pro. I tried just data, hard reset, reinstalled app, re-setup everything, removed and reinstalled battery, battery at 99%, RSSI -62, with chime pro, w/o chime pro. I have no video at all. Do I need a new unit?

Hi @Notrods. It sounds like you’ve covered all of your bases here. I would definitely reach out to our support team at this point. There is one more troubleshooting step you can try. If possible, try connecting your Doorbell to a wifi hotspot from a cell phone or ipad and then test the Live View. This will rule out any possibly of a network issue.

Hey neighbors! Live View connection concerns or your Live View ending when trying to activate it is often related to the network or mobile device connection, and so these are the best variables to start with. Please check the following:

• A good RSSI , or signal strength, in the Device Health section of your Ring app.
  • Battery is sufficiently charged if applicable.
  • Wifi speeds, interferences, and distance to router.
  • Test live video on cellular data only, and on wifi only, with your mobile device.
  • Disable any VPN on Data Saver on your mobile device to ensure they are not interrupting the Live View.
  • If you are using Android, please check out our Help Center article about conflicting apps to see if it applies.

Try also our Rapid Ring app , which is designed for this quickest access to Live View.

In addition to the suggestions in this thread, feel free to also check out our Community post for Live View troubleshooting steps.

If these concerns persist, our support team will be happy to take a closer look for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. We appreciate everyone taking the time to share their experience in detail and we hope this helps!

1 Like