Streaming error

Getting the same issue with my brand new Ring. Works perfectly at home. When I am mobile and on cell data, I get notifications that there is motion or that someone is ringing the bell, but when I tap to go live, I get a streaming error. Data is not the issue, as I have unlimited data through TMobile.

Try to get live. Get notification of Streaming Error.

Same issue here. I have three cameras and everything was fine for 6 months then Live View stopped working today. The cameras are active but when I request Live View it says to Reconnect, but the cameras already are connected to my WiFi and working, just not in Live View. Please advise since none of the suggested workarounds have resolved this issue.

Hey neighbors! Thank you for helping each other out in this thread as we experience some outages with the Ring app and Ring.com. Please note that the issues within the app and the website would have been affecting this feature, but as of Nov 27, 11:44 UTC, a fix has been implemented and we are monitoring the results. If you are still experiencing any further issues with your Ring devices and how they were behaving previously, I recommend giving our support team a call so they can look into this further. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

It took you months to explain a bug?

Totally unacceptable and beyond HORRIBLE customer service.

1 Like

I just deleted the doorbell 3 and reinstalled it last night, now by 9:30 in the morning it has ceased to stream again. This is the fourth time in the last week. Look guys, wifi signal strength isn’t the problem, neither is cellular data nor the router. You have a problem. Fix it. The only way to currently fix this is to unintall the camera and reinstall it and even then apparantly the fix lasts less than 24 hours. This is unacceptable.

The day you reported this bug was fixed was the day I STARTED getting this bug… NOT FIXED

Off and on when we click on live view we get the spinning wheel or stream error. Then it will work normally later on. Signals are less than 50 so very strong. Ring has a problem and it’s frustrating to spend all this money on a defective system

I’ve wasted a week of my life on this. Done everything suggested. Wifi signal strength etc all in excellent condition. It has to be a RING issue. Please advise.

My doorbell camera stopped working this afternoon. No live view. Spent hours trying to fix the problem but nothing worked. Ring, please get this fixed!

I think there is another bug. I noticed it when the new “motion settings” popped up on my device settings (for ring indoor cam).

For some reason the default Mode Settings deactivated my cameras when I armed my ring security to “Home”…I have no idea why that would be default since arming your system is exactly when you want your cameras on the most…

When the system was armed I was getting the “Streaming Error” message for my camera, and I could not view any recordings at all either. When I disarmed my system, it did NOT reactivate my camera, and left my cam in the borken “Streaming Error” status. I have since been able to fix it by disabling my camera from mode settings. Definitely feels like a bug

I have wasted a whole night with a new Ring doorbell that arrived today. My RSSI is -48. I do not have WiFi problems - but my device won’t activate and it keeps giving me a streaming error. All the support staff here have done is home users. This is a terrible company and product as far as I can tell. I will immediately be cancelling my subscription and returning the faulty product. I will get a Nest because apparently those are actually reliable.

The Ring company broke it with an update, take some culpability! The deflecting of “user error” is downright embarrassing. Roll back the update and stop piling on “fixes” that don’t do anything!

If you say anything other than it’s rings fault I’m returning this flawed piece of garbage and it’s on you

xLarry - did you get this fixed? I have had no issues until today and the same is happening to my leve stream. nothing has changed on my iphone and I use this daily in my office and at home. its not streaming.

me too!!! LIve streaming always worked now its an error!

I’m getting this error too. Also can’t open device health!

Same thing happening to me today as well, also my chime pro stopped working and is just flashing like it’s trying to connect to WiFi even though device health says it’s good. I think ring messed something up with a push of latest update. That’s the only thing that makes sense…

Hi neighbors! Earlier today we were experiencing some outages that affected access to the Ring App and the RIng website which may have affected your ability to access the Live View. This has been resolved as of Feb 3, 21:07 UTC, and you can keep an eye on the status of Ring here. If you’re still experiencing any concerns with your devices or with accessing your account, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I am still experiencing this issue, and have been since at least December. Timing has no connection to the incidents that have been mentioned here - it’s just consistently occurring and rendering my camera useless. Signal strength on the camera is strong and speed tests from my mobile device all check out.

I have tried and verified all of the recommended tips provided by Ring. I have been unable to live stream for the past 4 weeks which renders this device useless. Please offer better solutions or fix the update that is causing all this grief for your customers. Since I’m a decent fellow, I figured I would give Ring the opportunity to fix this before I return the device all together as it is in Ring’s on self interest to do so.

-Frustrated customer