Multiple Notifications for the Same Event

Same issue here!!! Multiple notifications on Apple Watch. Is there a solution to this yet???

1 Like

We appreciate this feedback, neighbors, and weā€™re sorry to hear you are receiving an excess of notifications. Rest assured that our team is investigating and working to resolve it as soon as possible.

If you have not already, feel free to try out the steps in our prior response in this thread, as it has helped other neighbors.

For any further assistance with this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. Weā€™re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Thank you.

Same issue as all the rest above on iOS, phone, watch and app all running the latest updates - Itā€™s been going on months now with no resolution. Apple watch is particularly sensitive to it, with the notifications almost scrolling as they come in so fast and repeated. Surely get the devs team on this as a priority, as itā€™s been logged by hundreds of people. Itā€™s not fixed, itā€™s really frustrating, and it canā€™t be hard to identify the issue. If my internal devs team took this long to resolve an issue they would be hard-pushed to justify their positions. None of the ā€œworkaroundsā€ work, just take time to do and result in the same annoying repeated notifications.

Same issue here and itā€™s been going on for months. Iā€™m now to the point of ditching Ring all together. It is so frustrating that there is no solution yet.

Getting 5 notifications at a time on my apple watch. Been happening for months. Disabling rich notifications to see if that fixes it.

Same issue for me as BenM1 so Iā€™m copying their first section.

Same issue as all the rest above on iOS, phone, watch and app all running the latest updates - Itā€™s been going on [for a week] now with no resolution. Apple watch is particularly sensitive to it, with the notifications almost scrolling as they come in so fast and repeated.

Ringā€™s developers are too busy making new features that allow your device to share your wifi without your consent and create potential security vulnerabilities to your network, allow police to spy on you through your device and sell your data to third parties.

Fixing issues doesnā€™t give them more money, harvesting your data is what brings them money.

Same here for the last few weeks. Four notifications for each motion; 3 in a row and the fourth one a few seconds later. Also, not able to toggle off Rich Notifications

Im having the exact issue; motion detection notifys me 4 consecutive times in a row; i open my door and my phone blows up with notifications 3-4 times. This is really annoying.

I have the Ring Peephole camera which was purchased about 1 -2 months ago and just setup. Upon reading i havent actually tried any of solutions as they dont appear to resolve the problem for anyone else in this thread of over a year, I did however try turning off Rich Notifications which hasnt helped.

Same issue hereā€¦any details from Ring on a bug fix? I get at least 4-5 alerts on Apple Watch for any event, very annoying! I can hardly see who it is from screen shot before another alert pops up.

I get the exact same thing happening, sometimes I will even get a preview of something that happened weeks ago which makes zero sense. It will be dark outside and Iā€™ll get a notification and it will show the postman midday posting stuff through my letter box??? Doesnā€™t even make sense.

Iā€™m another customer having the same issue. I work in the software development industry and Iā€™m surprised at the lack of customer-centricity here. Itā€™s been a year since this was first posted and the only suggestions are work-arounds that impact the ability to use functionality of the services which have been paid for (and only delivered partially or badly).
Itā€™s a fairly simple request being made by all of the customers on this thread. Please fix the bug, or at the very least, please give us a timeline of when the bug will be fixed?

1 Like

I just canā€™t get these stupid notifications to stop coming from hours ago. Screenshot attached and your ā€œfixā€ posted above hasnā€™t worked. It just started today without anything being changed and everything is current.

I donā€™t get why Ring does not support watch integrations when it was Ring that created the integration!? I get 4 notifications every timeā€¦as does my sister on a completely different account in a different house.

Happy 1st birthday bug report! Your parents must be proud. :frowning:

Add me to the list. Guaranteed back to back double notifications from our stick up cams every single time. Super annoying. Canā€™t believe the sloppy response from Ring dev teams on this.

I am also having an issue with my apple watch showing multiple notifications

I have the same issue with multiple notifications on my Apple Watch, and my wife does now too. This seems to have started within the last week or two for us.

I do not have the issue on my phone, nor do I have it integrated with any Alexa devices.

Same here - 3 or 4 notifications on my Apple Watch for each event.

1 Like

Same on Apple Watch tried reseting devices with no success

Same exact problem. I have four Ring devices (2 spotlight, 1 stick up and 1 doorbell). I get four notifications on my Apple Watch boom-boom-boom-boom when there is motion on one of the spotlights. My iPhone shows only 1 notification. My wife has the exact same problem, so itā€™s not specific to my watch or phone.