I get "Want to switch it to Wired Mode?" notification every few minutes

I have started to get a “is now plugged in. Want to switch it to Wired Mode?” notification from a stick cam every few minutes. It is connected to a solar panel.

( guess the solar panel is just old and only gives power intermittently. It still charges, so would like to keep it and just get rid of the notifications )

Is there a way to stop these notifications?

2 Likes

Hi @user77427. Check that your Ring app is fully updated, then perform a reboot on your Stick Up Cam using the reboot option on the Device Health page. If this issue persists after trying these steps, can you please share a screenshot of the notification and of the Device Health page showing the power status?

This is happening to me too! I am CONSTANTLY getting alerts on my lock screen asking me if I want to switch to wired mode (every time the sun comes across the solar panel probably). Just since I logged in to ask this question, three more notifications. It never stops, I don’t know how to turn this off. Do I really have to turn off ALL my ring notifications to get these to stop? Are my only options to keep clearing this message of Ring “offering” me to switch modes (which, BTW, …wired mode is not supposed to be used with solar, so even if I obliged the request I’d be doing it wrong…sigh) -OR- just wave the white flag and turn off all notifications, which means I’ll miss everything, including people ringing my doorbell?

Hi @user78721. If you have tried the steps mentioned by Caitlyn and are still having the same concern, please post a screenshot of your Camera’s power status in your Device Health. Also, are you using a third-party solar panel or a Ring Solar Panel, and what model Camera do you have?

This has been happening to me too.
I keep receiving the following Ring Notification several times a week for many weeks…….

“Side is now plugged in. Want to switch it to Wired Mode?”

“Side” is the name of my Ring Battery Stick-Up Cam which is connected to a Ring Solar Panel
The Ring Device is a Stick Up Cam Battery (3rd Generation)

The Ring App is fully updated

As far as I know I do not want to change any setting, but how do I stop this notification?

Please help, it is so annoying and obviously affects many of your subscribers/clients.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with my camera and solar panel on a fully updated stick up camera. I’ve included an example from yesterday of how often I’m getting the notification

Hi Neighbors. I’ve shared this with our team and they’d like to take a closer look at this. Please send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I’m not getting it every few minutes - I’m getting it nonstop about every three SECONDS. I’ve had to turn notifications off (which makes the device useless). Obviously this is a significant problem since multiple users are experiencing it. How are you addressing it?

Hi @PeteG-0835. If you haven’t contacted our support team already, please do so either at one of the numbers available here, or on Facebook @Ring. This will allow our team to gather the necessary details to investigate this further.