Yale Lock RB-YRD540-WV-619

Hello All,

I am trying to buy a Yale lock RB-YRD540-WV-619 and was just curious if it works with the Ring app. I already have a Ring door bell with the subscription plan.

I saw a different model of Yale lock on the Ring.com so just curious if this works, please advise.

Hey @arvind85. The list of Yale locks that we have will be available here, but it doesn’t look like your lock is included. Please note that the locks that are compatible with the Ring app also require a Ring Alarm Base Station to connect to, as they are the z-wave compatible locks.

Hi Chelsea,

I do not have a Ring Base station, is it not enough if I have the Ring door bell and the RIng app?

@arvind85 We offer more options for the smart locks that work with the Ring app when they are Z-Wave compatible, as they will connect to the Base Station which operates on a z-wave frequency. The only lock that is wifi compatible with the Ring app is going to be the Schlage Encode Deadbolt Wifi lock, and it works with Key by Amazon through the Ring app.

I own the YRD540 and was wondering the same thing. I would like to be able to have this door lock connected to my ring app and not have to use the nest app for one door lock. Do you know of this model YRD540 will be added to the compatible list?