WPA2/WPA3 Transition Mode

Hi,
I current have a WPA3 capable router. To support legacy devices without WPA3 capability I have it configured to use WPA2/WPA3 transition mode.
In this mode my floodlight cam and stick up cam elite function normally.

However, my stickup cam battery is unable to setup on the network in this mode. If I revert the security to WPA/WPA2 the stickup cam battery is able to setup and if I change to WPA2/WPA3 post setup the camera records events successfully but live view is not available.
To work around this I setup a WPA2 only guest network. The stickup cam battery was unable to connect to this network till I downgraded the security to WPA/WPA2.
Are there plans to add WPA2/WPA3 transition mode support to the stickup cam battery?
I get that WPA3 support is likely to take time but I was very surprised the stickup cam battery did not support WPA2!

Hi @rafalukc. While I don’t have any information to share on this, you can add your suggestion regarding WPA3 support to our Feature Request board. Feel free to add this idea and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile:

Link to feature request here:
https://community.ring.com/t/wpa2-3-support/101962

1 Like