Worthless app. I hate ring

This app has so many problems it’s pathetic.
Refuses to load camera in any kind of timely manor. Rapid app or Not.
You cant even create a normal scale for signal strength. We have to decode - signal numbers.

I constantly get told i have weak connection. I could put my router on top of the door bell and it would say weak connection.

WORTHLESS.

You cant even get clear two way audio.

And finally just look at my screen shot. Says everything about this app as a whole.

2 Likes

Another issue is no video. Just magically stops recording. How is this acceptable for a paid service?

2 Likes

Hi @Carbone. I’d like to help get your Ring devices working like they should. Does this only happen on wifi? How does the app react when you are on cellular data only? I would start by rebooting your internet router to see if that offers any improvement. Understanding signal strength can be confusing. We’ve created a Community article to help you understand RSSI and how this relates to your Ring devices.

If you are still having issues with this, our support team is here to help. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I agree. Our wifi provider says we have a great connection at our front door. Videos load super slowly. No other applications have this problem. Videos from neighbors are often just black and do not play at all. If I try to make the video larger to see people involved it just goes black with a white play arrow. I have tried everything concerning my equipment and have had it checked by a professional. Our network can be seen by me and used a block away. I am tired of reading that it is my “poor connection” Unfortunately, a new form of security video may be the best option. If someone rings our doorbell, they are long gone before the video plays. Please stop blaming everything on the connection. I have never had any app with so many issues. I quit!!

2 Likes

You took the words right out of my mouth. I hate Ring and am at the end of my rope. I have multiple ring cameras and can never get a live view or access the cameras without some streaming errors. This is so frustrating. It has nothing to do with my wifi because I can play back camera history fine, with the exception of one camera/spotlight that determines when and if it will let me replay a video. I have never had a product that is so undependable and if I ever really needed to access this for emergency reason, I would never be able to rely on this. I will be moving all of my video and other alarm devices to Wyze. Now, here is a company that makes a HD camera for $25 with great quality, great sound, great programmable features and is always working for me. Their other security devices like motion sensors and door sensors are much less too. I have several inside cameras and wanted to compare the response time and dependability. Wyze wins hands down and they have since expanded their security options to include outdoor cameras that have a battery life of 1.5 years - amazing. No more changing my batteries on my Ring cameras every month. I can’t believe I have waited so long to write something but I got to a point today where I just finally gave up and decided to see if others were as frustrated as I am.

1 Like