Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Wireless doorbell suddenly missing motion
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
motion-settings

My doorbell had been working great. Now, suddenly, it’s missing motions like crazy. My W2 was stolen and it missed the motion completely. The mailman was seen and recorded, but not the theft. The mailman was recorded delivering today, but the Amazon delivery wasn’t recorded at all (three large boxes, so how can that be missed?). I’ve strengthened the sensitivity, even though it never missed anything before (had it two years now), and I added even more areas to monitor motion. But it misses even more and more. Do I have to buy a new one every other year, or what?

06-02-2024 07:53:55

Responses (1)

C

Hi @user76113. I’d recommend checking the RSSI on the Device Health page to ensure your Doorbell has a strong signal. A weak or unstable wifi connection can negatively impact the performance, including the motion detection. You can also try a reboot using the reboot option, found on the Device Health page.

If the suggestions above don’t help, you’re welcome to share a screenshot of what your Motion Zones look like. A member of our team, or another neighbor on the Community, can see if any adjustments may help with motion detection. If you’d prefer not to share that, you can reach out to our support team for one-on-one troubleshooting assistance.

07-02-2024 08:01:33

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User