Wired spotlight cam specifications

I am trying to decide on either the battery or wired version of the spotlight cam. I can’t find info anywhere as to how long the power cord is for the wired version or the size of the adapter. Anyone have this info? I would like to plug it into an outdoor outlet I have installed in my soffit, but unsure if the cord will reach or if I’ll be able to close the housing based on how big the adapter is once plugged in. If I have to I can drill through the house but how big would the hole need to be for the cord to be fished through? Anyone with pics would be great or measurements is much appreciated.

@Scott78945 wrote:

I am trying to decide on either the battery or wired version of the spotlight cam. I can’t find info anywhere as to how long the power cord is for the wired version or the size of the adapter. Anyone have this info? I would like to plug it into an outdoor outlet I have installed in my soffit, but unsure if the cord will reach or if I’ll be able to close the housing based on how big the adapter is once plugged in. If I have to I can drill through the house but how big would the hole need to be for the cord to be fished through? Anyone with pics would be great or measurements is much appreciated.

The power plug is moulded onto the cord so you can’t just drill a hole and pass the cable through. The only way to do that is to cut the plug off and fit a new one. Trouble with that is it invalids your warranty. Size of plug will depend which country you are in.

1 Like

Thanks! Do you know off hand how long the power cord is?

I see that you did not receive a reply in July 2020. Just in case anyone else needs to know the length of the cable, it is 6 metres for the UK supplied Security Cam Mount version. Actually, the Mount version is supplied as a Security Cam Wired version PLUS an extra Mount kit. The extra £20 is for the Mount kit. As a consequence you get a bunch of extra bits and pieces which are not needed for mounting the cam, including an extra masonary drill and screw driver - but not enough mounting screws (see attachment). I had to contact Ring to get the extra screw. A crazy oversight on the part of Ring.Ring Fitting Instructions