Wired Ring (Gen 2) with mechanical chime - ring in power cut?

I have installed my Ring (Gen 2) video door bell all fine.

I have told the app there is a mechanical chime and the chime works when the button is pressed (it didn’t before changing settings in app).

However, if the mains is off, even though the Ring has a battery and the light shows blue, the Ring does not work.

Shoudl the Ring work on battery, if there is no mains power?

TIA.

Hi @DrNik. When you say “The Ring does not work”, what is not working? Is it the Live View? Is it not chiming in the house? Does the Doorbell go completely offline? This Ring Video Doorbell Generation 2 is a battery powered device. Make sure than you’ve charged it to full capacity before wiring it, as the hardwiring only serves as a trickle charger to the Doorbell.

Fully charged.
And Bell works fine, rings, chime rings and live view works.
Turn power off to simulate a power cut, and blue.ring is lit on unit, but nothing happens when button pressed. No ring on device, obviously no ring on chime, and no live view, even though router is on an UPS.
Any thoughts?

Hi @DrNik. Thank you for clearing that up. With this specific scenario, it would be best to contact our support team so they can see exactly how your device is reporting during that time. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.