Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
D
User Solution
Closed
Wired Ring floodlight Cam issues
hardwired-security-cameras
light-settings
troubleshooting
motion-settings

Hi. Having issues with Floodlight Cam. Have had it for several years. (I believe it is a Gen 2)
1> new issue: lights are suddenly very dim.
At 7:00pm, pizza delivery, motion detected, lights bright as always.
At 8:30pm my son came home (and ever since) when they detect motion, there is a flash then the lights are on, but very dim and flickering.
Nothing changed during this time… no storms, no power surges, no wifi interruptions.
Any help why this sudden change? Time to replace or is there a fix?
**UPDATE ** Today my was out shoveling snow. Black sweatpants, dark olive green jacket, black ski hat. Live view camera shows his entire outfit in shades of red. Does this mean the camera as well as lights are no longer working? I should replace whole unit??

2> has been happening for over a year…
Motion detection settings… set to Minimum
Person detection on. Motion zones set up to only closest part of driveway.
Our neighborhood is very dark, no street lights.
Everytime a car passes by, headlights reflect off blacktop in driveway set off motion lights.
So light is constantly going on and off.
Plus, only some of these times when motion is detected result in video recorded. As annoying as the constant on/off of the lights, I don’t understand why it only records some of these.
(On a wet rainy night, I have to snooze alerts to my phone because it goes off every time a car drives by and reflects off the wet blacktop)

17-02-2024 07:45:11

Responses (2)

C
User Solution

Hi @d87ea6771d8833406dc8. For the dimmed and flickering lights, and the video having a discolored hue, first try a reboot using the reboot option on the Device Health page. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, you can fully reset your Floodlight Cam by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. After that reset is complete, walk through a new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device.

As for your second point, the lights and the camera have separate motion detection ranges. This is why sometimes the lights will come on, but there is no motion event recorded by the camera. You can learn more here. If the troubleshooting steps I shared above for the lights do not work, please reach out to our support team for further assistance.

19-02-2024 09:23:09

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

20-03-2024 09:23:45

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User