Wired Ring doorbell won't start up

I have a brand new wired Ring bell. Wired up all fine, did firmware updates and it was all working, sound and picture fine and app showed good power. Turned the power off at mains to do other work and back on and the doorbell is dead. It fires up, blue flashing lights, plays a sound, then cuts out and goes black. This then repeats over and over. Tried to reset by holding in button, no joy.

Its currently sitting on my desk as the noise from the reboot startup tone was getting annoying.

Do I need a new bell?

Depending on the model of Video Doorbell you have, I recommend going through the included installation manual to ensure all the necessary components have been installed. For instance the Video Doorbell Wired uses a Jumper Cable.

As long as the device has been installed as intended, try allowing it some time to power up and potentially automatically reconnect. When performing a reset, please ensure to hold the button for 20 seconds.

If this does not resolve you concerns, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.