Wired ring doorbell tinted patchy images

I’ve got a problem when the sun shines from certain angles the picture as included becomes tinted in patches. Is this a fault as the doorbell ids only 3 weeks old or is it lens reflections? Thanks Andy

No, it’s like the sun’s fault. Can you place something over the top of your doorbell, just to test, like a piece of cardboard that gets the direct sunlight off the lens. If that does fix it then you can either search for a better, more permanent solution to replace the cardboard or just accept that the sun will do this on the brief moments it is directly shining into the lens.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice I will try this out. Has anyone had similar issues with the lens.
I wanted to be sure if I needed to swap out for a replacement .

1 Like

Many cameras just don’t like direct sunlight in their lenses. I have other brand security cameras and I have to be sure to place them so that very little direct sunlight shines on the lens during the day as it distorts their video as you found because of the really bright sunlight.

1 Like

Hi @user16069. This doesn’t appear to be a defect in the cameras. As SolarEclipse mention, this is just the position of the sun. You can try to toggle on HDR if that is a feature that your Camera has. Check out this Help Center article here to see if it is. I hope this is helpful!