Wired Doorbell Installation Question

Hello,

I received a Ring Doorbell Wired model 5at375 for Christmas. I have a working electronic door chime which has a diode across the doorbell pushbutton. I have installed the Ring device following the enclosed directions (leaving off the diode and installing the supplied jumper). The electronic doorbell does not work. Is there a way to wire the Ring Doorbell so that it will sound the electronic door chime? The door chime plays a very melodious tune that I want to hear.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi @PeggyB. The Doorbell wired is not compatible with any chime kit. The Jumper Cable you installed bypasses your electronic chime. If you want a Doorbell that is compatible with your electronic chime kit, try the Ring Video Doorbell 2020 Release.

Hello,

As indicated I purchased a Ring Video Doorbell 2020 Release. I installed it and it seem to be working fine. However, earlier this year, we were awoken by the doorbell continuously ringing at 3 am. I got up and pushed the doorbell button and the doorbell reset and stopped ringing. This uncontrolled ringing would occur about twice a month. Last night, pushing the button (I did it several times) did not reset the doorbell and I was forced to go into the garage and cut the doorbell power wire at the transformer.

How do I fix this terrible issue?

Thank you

Hi @PeggyB. In your original post 2 years ago, you indicated that you have a Ring Doorbell Wired.

Are we still troubleshooting this same device? If you are unsure of the device you have, visit the Device Health menu in your Ring app and it will display the exact model you have. In order to properly troubleshoot this concern, we need to know the actual model you have. Thanks for this information, neighbor.

Hello,

I am sorry for not including that piece of information. The App does not have a Health menu. From the box the bar code number is G9E1250715330166.

I hope this will tell you what you need.

Thank you

Hi @PeggyB. I am happy to chime. This does not help figure out what model Doorbell you have. To find out the model, follow these steps:

• Open the Ring app
  • Choose the menu button (three lines in the upper left corner).
  • Select Devices
  • Select your Video Doorbell
  • Tap on Device Health
  • Look under Device Details and you will see Product Name