Will there be a new generation of spotlight cam soon?

I am thinking to buy a spotlight cam wired.

The only concern I have is that it was released in 2017. Is it wise to buy a 2017 product in 2020? What if a new generation will be released this fall?

Has the security camera itself evovled since it was released in 2017?

Any insights? Thanks!

Hey @samsaraisland. We do not plan to release a new version of the Spotlight Cam any time soon, so the one that we have up is here to stay for now. We are always working on improving our products and the features we offer with the cameras over time to make the neighbor experience better. In comparison to the Spotlight Cam Battery or Solar, the Spotlight Cam Wired has our advanced motion detection that give neighbors more options for customization to have the optimal motion detection. You can learn more about what this looks like here.

Happy to answer any other questions or concerns you may have, so please let me know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for the reply.

I am also thinking for a Spotlight Cam Solar for a place where I don’t have wire (and want avoid the trouble of installing it). Does it mean that the motion zone feature won’t be available for that camera?

@samsaraisland Chiming in for Chelsea here. Yes, you are correct. With the Spotlight Cam Solar, you will still have the Motion Zones available to edit, but they will look a bit different than on the Spotlight Cam Wired. You can take a look at what the Motion Zones for our battery-operated devices look like here. You will have the ability to choose which of the three zones are enabled, as well as adjust the sensitivity for the motion detection on a slider.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I’m happy to help!