Will getting Chime Pro he’ll with battery life?

Have a VD3+ battery but I only get a month between battery changes. My RSSI is around 70.

Ring say “up to 6 months battery” I know I’ll never get that, but only a month between changes I find very very disappointing. Obviously depends on how many notification, looking at history over a 24 hrs sample I get around 7-11 recordings.

I’ve set all the recommendations in the app for battery savings etc.

Would getting a Chime Pro to try and get RSSI better help a lot?

Is this normal real life battery life? Others who ask me about it when they see it, I now say the battery isn’t anywhere near what quoted, and expect a once a month change, which puts people off.

Hi @L1111. Yes, adding a Chime Pro to reduce your RSSI can improve your battery life. A device with a higher RSSI is working harder, therefore using more power. Rebooting your internet router can also improve your RSSI.

Thanks, be a significant amount? Is 70 relatively high? What is a good level to help with battery?

Lasting a month I don’t think is acceptable, and although I never believe the manufacturer quotes as these are sometime in absolute ideal conditions in a lab etc, I didn’t expect it to be so poor, and only be a month between changes.

Hi @L1111. -70 is a pretty high RSSI. We have this Community post here that explains RSSI in depth. Generally, an RSSI of -60 or better is what I consider acceptable. With proper placement of a Chime Pro, you should be able to achieve this! I recommend buying the Chime Pro from Amazon so you can take advantage of their return policy if the Chime Pro doesn’t work in your favor.

Another thing to consider would be the outside temperature. In the colder months, you can expect to have less battery life due to the nature of batteries performance in cold weather. You can also add a Plug-In Adapter to add a trickle charge to your Doorbell. I’ve done this a few months ago and I haven’t had to charge my batteries yet. It did require a bit of drilling to run the wires, but it works well.