Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Wifi6 full fibre Internet. Wifi issues
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
cs-support

Having major issues with doorbell 3 staying connected to the wifi.
Had fiber Internet installed 3 weeks ago everything else in the house connected perfectly fine to the new wifi except our doorbell.
When i can get it to contact the connection lasts a few hours before going offline. When i try to reconnect it gets to 95% then white lights flash on the right hand side of the bell.
So then i do a reset (holding down the orange button for 20 seconds) sometimes this works but again the connection only lasts a few hours.
Sometimes i have to delete the device from the app as well, before trying to set it up again.
When setting it up from scratch the firmware update only gets to 90%.
The RSSI when connected is between 47 and 58. Router is about 10 feet way from the doorbell.
The door chime has no connection issues.

This is really very annoying.
Any help would be appreciated.

09-01-2024 06:50:26

Responses (3)

J

Hi @user73825. Those were excellent steps to try to address your concern. I would also recommend rebooting your router by unplugging it for a few seconds and plugging it back in. We also have this Help Center page with other steps to try for a Ring device that keeps falling offline. If you have followed these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

11-01-2024 04:57:16

U

I have been in touch with your support team, and have been going in circles doing exactly the same things as I’ve already tried. Rebooting the router is one of the first things i try. I sent my Internet provider a list of things your support people suggested such as a static ip address, allowing ring through firewalls, setting it up on another device. It’s all been tried and it is still going offline. And now the only way to get it to reconnect is if i delete the doorbell from the app and also do a factory reset every single time. Which still only lasts a few hours.

17-01-2024 07:34:43

J

@user73825. In the Community we can only offer basic troubleshooting steps to try for certain concerns, which you have done. You will have to continue working with our support team to have your concern further investigated. You can also reach out to our support team on Facebook or X (Twitter) by sending a PM to @Ring.

18-01-2024 05:07:32

U

It has been amazing how RING has not been able to solve this issue.

Through trials and erros over 2 weeks, and thinking outside of the box during almos 2 8 hour days…I have found my solution.

First, it is a fact that RING Works on 2.4 Hrz.
What RING seems to have missed is the fact that WiFi 6 new generations are neither compatible with RING.

I installed an extender with a lower WiFi generation. Its an old extender so it is probably a WiFi 4.

Additional tips:
Ring would still not connect to the 2.4 in my extender if I had the LAN line puggled into it, and used it as an access point, that still seems to be too powerfull for RING.
I used the extender as an extender and was able to connect the cameras . Crazy, but it worked.

28-04-2024 05:12:14

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User