WiFi search on ring not working

I can’t get the WiFi search ring to spin in order to be recognized on WiFi modem. Doorbell is hardwired and I have tried hard reset. The ring light stays solid and will not spin when I press the black button.

Hey @MarvinO. If you’re pressing the black button, you will actually need to press the small orange set up button. This may be on the back of your Ring Doorbell if you have the first one, or it will be behind the faceplate if you have the Ring Video Doorbell 2. Can you try pressing the setup button to see if it gets into setup mode, and not the main button to ding the Doorbell? If you still run into concerns, please take a picture of the button you are pressing and reply in the thread with it!

I’m pressing the black button behind the faceplate (small black, upper right button) and have also tried holding it for 15 seconds for a hard reset, and the circle light on the main doorbell is not coming on. My battery is fully charged. I cannot get my device back online.

@Ldrohrba If you cannot get the device into setup mode after preforming a reset on the device, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.