Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Wifi password “incorrect”
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
Help please my 2nd gen doorbell keeps saying my wifi password is incorrect when it is actually correct when trying to set up for the first time what do i do

05-12-2023 05:16:14

Responses (2)

T
Hi @user69838. Are there any special characters in your WiFi password? Try resetting the device by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, the releasing it. Let me know if this helps.

06-12-2023 06:33:14

U

I am having the same issue. I have an existing Ring doorbell connected to my network with the same password and it works fine. I bought a new 2nd gen Ring doorbell, tried to connect with the same, verified wifi password and it says it the incorrect password. I cannot connect. I spent 20+ minutes with a Ring representative and he could not get it connected. He said the 2nd gens have issues with special characters in passwords and to change my password!! This not acceptable as this means resetting passwords on many devices. Isn’t Ring a security company? Meaning why would I make my password simple with no special characters’?! I am going to return my new Ring as it does not work.

13-12-2023 07:52:48

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

12-01-2024 07:53:38

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User