Wifi network issue

Purchased a certified refurbished Ring doorbell pro. I am trying to setup the new device but i only see my personal home wifi and cant locate the doorbell’s wifi on my phone. I am reading all these questions in the community but no real solution. Reset the router again? Reset doorbell again? Turn off wifi and back again… i tried all of those things. Still unable to view the Ring wifi network on my phone. Please assist with this

Hey @ZeeR. Were you able to get this set up since you made the post? If not, you can try setting up the device from another phone or tablet with the Ring app, but if this continues to fail, you will need to reach out to our support team. For that support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes and what you’re able to do to get this resolved! :slight_smile: