Wifi drops

Hey community. My wifi to my Ring Doorbell drops once or twice a week between 5am and 6am. Almost exactly the same time. It reconnects automatically, but this can occasionally take a day. Wifi power is good. None of my other smart devices connected to same source have no issues. Anyone else experiencing or have suggestions?

Hi @Ghaigh85395! The best first thing to check here is your Video Doorbell RSSI. This can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app, and indicates if there is any wifi interference present. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Depending on your Video Doorbell model, it may feature both 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz compatibility. Please ensure to use the 2.4 Ghz channel frequency on your network, for the most dependable wifi connection over distance. If you are experienced with your router features, I recommend also checking router logs or even any DHCP/ IP renewal options to ensure your router is not refreshing IP ranges too often. This is rarely the case though.

If you have a Video Doorbell Pro, double checking the power status, along with the above, will help to ensure all resources are optimal. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: