Wifi Drops, Ring Pro won't reconnect... help?

Hi,

So my wifi company is the only one in my area, so I cannot change. They periodically drop everyones internet in the neighborhood about once a week. Every time this happens, my Ring Doorbell Pro stops recording and tells me to reset the router. I follow the steps in my Ring app exactly, but the circling light around the doorbell never happens, so it does not reset and I cannot get the Ring to connect. Twice I’ve had to call your customer service folks and have them spend time trying what I’ve already done, then they make some change on their end and magically it works again.

Can you please help me so that I can sort this out by myself without having to call every time, because it is bound to happen again. Maybe the Ring device is malfunctioning, since it should let me reconnect but never gets the circling light?

Thanks,
Alan

Hi @Alan2. If you find that the Doorbell is not going into setup mode after it drops the wifi connection, you can try performing a reset on it by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that’s done, you’ll need to press the setup button again to put it into setup mode so you can follow the steps under Reconnect to Wi-Fi on the Device Health page. If that isn’t doing the trick, you may need to reach back out to our support team for further assistance. You can let them know this has happened before so they can help you find a solution. Our support team can be reached at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Thank you Caitlyn! Holding the orange button down for 20 seconds did indeed help! I was able to connect it without having to call support! :smileyvery-happy:

1 Like