WiFi Disconnects when someone pushes the ring button

When someone pushes the doorbell button on my Ring Pro, The Ring app attempts to load on my phone but then displays an icon saying the system has lost WiFi connection. After just a few minutes, i re open the app and everything works fine like live view and event history but lost the opportunity to respond the doorbell immediately.

I am not able to view or respond to doorbell notifications.

Hi there, @Jnieman! Often times when a Doorbell Pro falls offline after a button push, it is actually due to power loss, even though you see messages about wifi. When power is lost, the wifi connection to the device is also lost, which might explain the wifi connection message you receive. To ensure this is not wifi related, please test other events such as motion or live view, to confirm that your network can handle streaming and communicating an event. I recommend also checking that your Doorbell Pro is connecting to your 2.4 Ghz wifi network, rather than a 5Ghz network.

If other events operate as intended and your network bandwidth is sufficiently operating the other features of this device, the best next thing to check are power variables. Please ensure your transformer is rated for at least 16v to 24v of AC power, and that your Pro Power Kit is installed per the manual. Thin or old wiring can cause resistance in power as well. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

So, i have moved the WiFi connection from the 5ghtz over to my 2.4Ghtz signal. The app is showing a RSSI -60 signal.

Looking at the transformer that powers the doorbell, It says 10v to 16v just below where the wires are connected.

So what happens when some one pushes the ring button, The digital chime only makes a brief or a half ring sound. The app gives me a notification but the app won’t initialize the camera it just hangs.

Do you recommend i replace my transformer with a 16v to 24v one?

See attached photos.

Thank you for your assistance on this.

Hi @Jnieman, happy to chime in for Marley here. Yes, it may be a good choice to replace the transformer with one that is rated for at least 16v to 24v of AC power to ensure that the Doorbell is receiving an adequate amount of power. If that doesn’t do the trick to resolve this concern, then it may be best for you to reach out to our support team on this matter. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a deeper look at your device and account to help diagnose what the problem may be. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: