WiFi disconnecting from Base station

Hi, has anyone had any problems with their base station 2nd Gen dropping Wi-Fi?

I have had my Ring security system for 2 weeks so far and all off a sudden it’s started dropping Wi-Fi, I have rebooted the router etc etc but I’m not having any luck, my worry is if I’m away from home I will not be able to get it back on line as the only fix is to re connect to Wi-Fi using my mobile and pressing the pairing button on the base station.

Every other device on my Wi-Fi network hasn’t had any connection issues and the strength of the Wi-Fi Signal to the base station is strong.

Hi @Sybex. If your Ring Alarm Base Station is losing its wifi connection, you would want to verify that it is in a good open spot that is not far from your wifi router. Your Base Station should not be placed next to any large objects, for example televisions, computers, refrigerators, etc., that could interfere with its wifi signal. If that checks out, try rebooting your Base Station and router.

Reboot the Base Station by quickly pressing and releasing the reset button at the back of the device with a paper clip or similar tool. Do not press and hold the reset button down for longer than one second to avoid factory resetting the device.

You can reboot your router by powering it off for two minutes and then back on. If this concern persists after trying these steps, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.