Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
D
Wifi connection stopped!
hardwired-video-doorbell
wifi
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
My door bell randomly lost connection to my WiFi and now I can not get it to reconnect again? It have been connected for about 4 month before with no problems. So not an issue with distance to box etc.

03-02-2021 09:56:34

Responses (6)

C
Hi @Daniellem. You should be able to navigate to the Device Health page for your Doorbell and follow the prompts under Reconnect to Wi-Fi to get it back up and running. Is there a particular error message you're receiving when trying to connect your Doorbell to the wifi? If possible, please share a screenshot so another neighbor or a member of our team can provide helpful suggestions. :)

03-02-2021 10:40:51

W
I am having same problem, I pushed the button on the front but only blue flashing light comes on. Does not circle, will not connect! I have done this more than several times. Hugely frustrating with no support to help! No error message, just flashing blue lights

04-02-2021 12:11:43

C
Hey neighbors! You can try resetting your Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that's complete, try to go through the setup again in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. If you're not able to get your Doorbell reconnected to wifi after following these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406).They can take a further look and offer more in-depth troubleshooting support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360041597471) to see how to contact support.

04-02-2021 05:42:10

S
Hi, In my case, Ring was hanged on the Chime Pro wifi and both lost Wifi for several days. As I am abroad, a friend popped round and unpluged the Chime several times but can´t reconnect to the Wifi (no changes were made in wifi name or pwd). I saw a report in the news that there was a major issue. Is this related?

04-02-2021 07:36:43

C
@slowaf I can't really speculate what is causing your Chime or Doorbell to lose wifi connection as I can't see your account. If possible, I would recommend touching base with our support team once you are back home and can troubleshoot with your devices. Our support team will be able to take a look at your account and help you get everything up and running.

05-02-2021 05:06:05

H
It worked by resetting the ring doorbell.

17-08-2022 09:30:55

A
We are having the same issue. We have unplugged wifi, disconnected the doorbell and did a hard reset several times. Tried multiple times to reconnect and and it looks like we reconnect and then says offline. We are not sure what to do next. Have not had any issues since we got it 5 months ago. Thanks

06-04-2021 11:36:16

T
Hi @Ally78. It seems like you've done most of the troubleshooting that I would typically recommend for this concern. Since you tried these to no avail, I suggest reaching out to our support team so they can look at your account and provide the next best steps. [quote="Caitlyn_Ring, post:4, topic:35620"] please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406).They can take a further look and offer more in-depth troubleshooting support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360041597471) to see how to contact support. [/quote]

09-04-2021 09:18:35

C
I have the same problem with Video Doorbell Pro 2 It all started few months ago and now it is more offline then connected! Before it was working all the time on the same router and same network. I have also reset the device and it connects to wifi but soon loses the connection. It is connected with dedicated 2.4 Hz GHz network and wired with original ring transformer. wifi signal is pretty strong since it is 4 meters away, my router is huawei b818-263 so that should not be an issue. From the history logs I can see that it connects sometimes during the day but generally it is almost always offline. What can i do to fix this issue? Thanks

23-08-2022 08:23:23

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User