Wifi connection stopped!

My door bell randomly lost connection to my WiFi and now I can not get it to reconnect again? It have been connected for about 4 month before with no problems. So not an issue with distance to box etc.

Hi @Daniellem. You should be able to navigate to the Device Health page for your Doorbell and follow the prompts under Reconnect to Wi-Fi to get it back up and running. Is there a particular error message you’re receiving when trying to connect your Doorbell to the wifi? If possible, please share a screenshot so another neighbor or a member of our team can provide helpful suggestions. :slight_smile:

I am having same problem, I pushed the button on the front but only blue flashing light comes on. Does not circle, will not connect! I have done this more than several times. Hugely frustrating with no support to help! No error message, just flashing blue lights

Hey neighbors! You can try resetting your Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that’s complete, try to go through the setup again in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. If you’re not able to get your Doorbell reconnected to wifi after following these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.They can take a further look and offer more in-depth troubleshooting support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

2 Likes

Hi,
In my case, Ring was hanged on the Chime Pro wifi and both lost Wifi for several days.
As I am abroad, a friend popped round and unpluged the Chime several times but can´t reconnect to the Wifi (no changes were made in wifi name or pwd).
I saw a report in the news that there was a major issue. Is this related?

@slowaf I can’t really speculate what is causing your Chime or Doorbell to lose wifi connection as I can’t see your account. If possible, I would recommend touching base with our support team once you are back home and can troubleshoot with your devices. Our support team will be able to take a look at your account and help you get everything up and running.

We are having the same issue. We have unplugged wifi, disconnected the doorbell and did a hard reset several times. Tried multiple times to reconnect and and it looks like we reconnect and then says offline. We are not sure what to do next.
Have not had any issues since we got it 5 months ago. Thanks

Hi @Ally78. It seems like you’ve done most of the troubleshooting that I would typically recommend for this concern. Since you tried these to no avail, I suggest reaching out to our support team so they can look at your account and provide the next best steps.

It worked by resetting the ring doorbell.

2 Likes

I have the same problem with Video Doorbell Pro 2
It all started few months ago and now it is more offline then connected!
Before it was working all the time on the same router and same network.

I have also reset the device and it connects to wifi but soon loses the connection.
It is connected with dedicated 2.4 Hz GHz network and wired with original ring transformer. wifi signal is pretty strong since it is 4 meters away, my router is huawei b818-263 so that should not be an issue.

From the history logs I can see that it connects sometimes during the day but generally it is almost always offline.

What can i do to fix this issue?
Thanks

Hi neighbors. If your Ring Doorbell or Security Camera is offline or is falling offline frequently, there are a few different troubleshooting steps you can take. First, review the RSSI for your Doorbell or Camera on the Device Health page. The RSSI is a measure of the strength of the wifi connection that your Ring device is receiving, and a high RSSI can cause your Ring device to fall offline. You can also find more wifi information and troubleshooting steps in our Help Center article here, as you may need to move your router closer to your Doorbell or Camera if possible.

If you can’t get your Ring device back online after trying the above, you can reset your Doorbell or Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, set your device back up in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. If that still doesn’t work, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can assist further. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.