Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
W
WiFi changed, base station won't reconnect
wifi
connectivity
alarm
troubleshooting
base-station

Hi, I recently changed my wifi set up, and used the ‘join another network’ option for the base station to get it connected. This went fine, but for some reason the wifi connection is dropping out overnight, and the base station isn’t reconnecting.
I tried doing the ‘join another network’ process, but it wasn’t seeing any wifi networks at all.
I then tried pressing the reset button, and the base station reconnected to the wifi.

I don’t want to have to be pressing the reset button every morning, so is there a known fix for this issue?
Would it be worth trying a full reset, and setting it up from scratch?

15-04-2024 06:12:29

Responses (1)

C

Hi @WelshSteW. I would highly advise against trying to fully reset your Base Station, as you will then need to reset each Ring Alarm component, such as Contact Sensors and Keypads. Since you have a new wifi setup, have there been any major changes in the configuration or settings? Is the router dual-band? If so, do the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share a network name and password, or are they different? I’d also suggest double-checking that the ports and protocols used by Ring devices are open on your network.

17-04-2024 07:24:10

W

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring
I’m not too bothered about having to reset each component, if that would actually fix the problem?
I’m not planning on changing the wifi setup again any time soon, so having the Ring system actually working would be worth an hour or two of faffing about.

As I said, the base station connects fine to the new wifi, and works with no issues. But, whenever it loses the wifi signal, it just won’t reconnect. It’s not that it doesn’t see my wifi, it doesn’t see any wifi.

20-04-2024 03:14:47

C

@WelshSteW It’s unlikely that completely resetting your entire system is going to resolve what looks to be a connectivity issue, however that is just my speculation. We do not have access to any device details since the Community is a public forum, so we mainly advise on general troubleshooting steps you can try on your own.

If a full reset is in order, that would be something that our support team would advise and walk through. Typically that would only be done after all other applicable troubleshooting steps have been explored, such as reviewing network settings to pinpoint why the Base Station is dropping off.

22-04-2024 07:10:32

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User