Wife's phone not getting doorbell events

Hi, I’ve installed a Ring Doorbell just after we moved in and it seems to work fine for me. But I’ve installed the app on my wifes phone and she seems only get about 1 in 10 doorbell events.

The events aren’t even late, they just dont make it onto her phone.

Is there some sort of prioritisation going on ? Because it almost seems like the first device to receive the event takes it over and the other device never gets it.

We both have the same phone (Huawei Honor 10) so that cant be the issue. And on the last occasion she was far closer to the router than I was.

Galaxy 9 plus keep kicking out wifi,and say it’s not secure when it’s hookup. I have reinstall the Ring app,please help

Hey neighbors! If you notice that you are not getting all the alerts on your phone or a shared user’s phone, it sounds like they need to reset the notification preferences on their phone. Please ensure that you remove the Ring app from the phone with this concern, reboot your phone (turn it off/on, this is essential as it clears any stored cache from the app) and then reinstall the app. From there, test out notifications by dinging the doorbell and make sure all notifications are received! You will also need to ensure the phone has a strong connection to wifi, or try this on mobile data to see if it behaves the same.

I unstalled , rebooted and installed the app again.

I also discovered that my router (UK Plusnet hub 3) had synchronised 2.4ghz and 5Ghz networks, and I know that the model Ring we have only works on a 2.4ghz .

I’ve seperated the two networks.

One of these actions appears to have resolved the issue.

1 Like