Why isn't the green light on my keypads coming on anymore

Green light on keypads used to always be on. Noticed yesterday they aren’t on on both my keypads. Anyone know why?

Hi there, @Chaddiewaddie! There was a recent firmware update that addresses neighbor-requested features. When your Keypad is fully charged, the battery icon LED will now turn off. In addition, when using a Keypad that is plugged in, the mode LED will blink once a minute to remind you of your alarm’s current mode. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Keypad lights are essential to monitor alarm status, I can’t be an entire minute waiting to get a blink to know current status, please rollback.

1 Like

Your keypad seems to be working different than mine. My keypad is plugged in all the time. The status light is always on but does blink off and back on quickly once a minute. I’m OK with that. Is yours doing the opposite?

I’m curious…

Will there be any indication on the alarm keypad if the battery is running low?

For example, is it possible to set the alarm before leaving your home… then be unable to disarm the alarm from the keypad when you return?

Hi @Frustrated427. As mentioned in this Help Center article here, the Keypad is equipped with indicator lights to let you know that current battery level. I suggest charging the keypad when it is low to avoid a dead battery.

1 Like

My mode light is blinking every 5 seconds (gen1).

I’ve just got off a call with support regarding the number-key lights not coming on anymore when approaching the keypad…or perhaps they were on al the time before. Either way, they don’t come in anymore in the daytime and this turns out to be a pretty big problem. We’re not noticing the alarm is set anymore. I also mentioned the 5-second flashing, but she didn’t indicate that was an issue.

The support agent was nice and did all she could, but couldn’t see a way to change this apparent downgrade in key functionally.

My green battery charging light will not stop flashing. I tried unplugging it, holding the 1 for 5 seconds and it still flashes. It’s been 12 hours now.

Hi @Ksering. Ensure you’re using the provided charging cable that came with the Keypad and that you have it plugged into a standard power outlet. Typically it can take about 8 hours for the Keypad to fully charge if the battery is drained.

Hey neighbors. For clarification, the battery light on the Keypad (2nd Generation) will be off when there is plenty of battery power. A yellow light means the battery is low, and red means that the battery is very low. This light also blinks green when the Keypad is charging. You can learn more about the lights on your Keypad and the settings available in this Help Center article. :slight_smile: