Why I have to pay for the subscription to access my camera data and snapshot?

Why I have to pay for the subscription to access my camera data and snapshot? I pay $250 for the damn Ring pro, it is not totally worth the money. I will buy Arlo if I know you have to pay the subscription fee.

Hi there, @stanly! Our Protect Plan subscriptions are optional, and you are able to operate your Ring devices without a subscription if you choose. Keep in mind, a Protect Plan subscription is needed for features such as saving video recordings of your Ring events, professional monitoring for Ring Alarm (w/ Protect Plus), or for certain advanced features that require subscription. The Snapshot feature will save snapshots, as described in this help center article, which is why it requires a subscription. At Ring, we value our neighbors’ security and privacy. For this reason, no videos are saved on your Ring account when unsubscribed. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Why can’t you guys provide an option for local storage? The Ring is useless without the subscription. I will just return the device and get an Arlo doorbell camera instead.

Stan

1 Like

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile: