Why have multiple motion zones when they all behave the same way?

New user here. Got everything set up the way I want it - and I understand why you have to set up at least one motion zone, but what about the 2nd (or 3rd, etc)? Example:

Zone 1: the front porch and sidewalk leading up to it.

Zone 2: the street (including the mailbox) in front of the house.

I get the “motion detected” alert whenever someone approaches the door (Zone 1). I get the same alert when someone walks or drives past the house in the street (Zone 2). Although I live on a quiet street, I do have neighbors and it’s a popular dog walking zone. I’d like to record these events (about 25 per day) but don’t want to be alerted just because a car or person passed by. Am I missing something in that both zones, if set to “Active” will behave the same way?

Attached picture: Hey, it’s the Amazon Prime truck (in Zone 2) but he’s not delivering anything to me.

1 Like

Replying to my own post just so it gets bumped up, and hopefully someone answers. The original question remains. It’s pretty simple: why have more than one motion zone when the behavior of each zone is exactly the same and not changeable?

1 Like

Hi @mike21b. At this time, there is no feature that allows you to change how each Motion Zone behaves. There are multiple Motion Zones so that neighbors can choose where they want to be notified of motion. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile:

Hi. I have to echo the OP’s point. Certainly appears to be a huge missed opportunity here. Frankly, I just don’t see any value of setting up zones if I cannot configure them to behave differently. Can you please provide a link to information or documentation that demonstrates the benefits of zones? I’m not seeing it. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @yodatscoo. This Community Post here has some great information on our Customizable Motion Zones. I hope this information serves you well!