Why does my ring floodlight cam freeze like this? w/ Video

https://ring.com/share/44480a3c-ca31-4686-a43f-f4b6d400189b

My RSSI is -63 … RING sent me a Ring Chime Pro (First gen model) a long time ago to fix this same issue with my Video Doorbell. When I connect my Floodlight cam to the Chime Pro, my RSSI is -79 and it was worse. I switched my floodlight cam back to my mesh network (Netgear Orbi) and at first it was getting -33 (AMAZING!)… but now it hovers around -63…

I know this is because RING products suffer from Node Hopping. But it’s still better than the Chime Pro was getting. My notifications are also more consistent now with it being on my mesh network.

I have 1 Gbps fiber direct to my house. My Orbi satellite is getting 600mbps/600mbps wireless signal to it. My devices connected wirelessly to that satellite get around 300-500mbps connection speeds. My floodlight camera is only 10 feet away from it… It makes no sense as to why this would be freezing so often.

1 Like

Hey @Crimtide. I recommend following up with our support team on this concern so that they can look more into this for you! Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and please let me know how this goes and what they’re able to go to get this video playback running as it should!

My situation is similar. Ring has even replaced one of my floodlight cameras and it’s the same. Ring cameras have terrible radios and the firmware is crap.
Ring should be correcting the problems, but they’re too busy denying responsibility.
FIX THE CAMERAS RING!!!

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issues on 3-floodlight cams… freeze frame. All wireless issues are well within specifications including RSSI.

1 Like

I have wired Stick up Cam elite. On occasion I get the same lag but usually 5-6 seconds. I have switched from direct Ethernet, chime pro and regular wired. RSSI was always around 50 -60 and using Eero Pro 6 but even direct to Ethernet I will get the lag on occasion. I am concerned my camera may be compromised. Can any techs advise on why this is happening. Thanks

I have 8 ring cameras. door bell pro, 2 flood light cameras, 2 spot light cams, 2 stickup cams connected with Ethernet and an indoor cam. I have the Linksys mx10. All cameras have excellent signal, I have 450 m down and 22 m up. NOTHING else in my house suffers from buffering or connection issues. Ring support is worthless at best. I have called numerous times over other connection issues with their products and it’s a 2 or 3 hour headache every single time.

Ring take the time and fix your JUNK, and next get some good people and train them properly.

Feel free to reach out to me for input or to resolve these issues that not only am I having but may others. I will NOT be waiting my time calling you.

Check out this video I captured on my Ring device.

1 Like

They limit the number of links they will let you post also because it is making them look bad. FYI I have plenty of examples from all my cameras I can keep going if need be.

1 Like