Why do I still get notification sound?

Why do I still get notification sound? I have record motion on, but notification off. I still get a notification sound.

Why?

Hi @playpar. Which notification sound are you referring to? Is it the notification from a Ring Chime, an Alexa device, or from your mobile phone? Try toggling the Motion Alerts on and back off in the device profile page of the Ring App to ensure the alerts are toggled off completely.

The sound comes on my Computer (ring App) and cell phone. From a camera, that I have Record Motion on and Motion Alerts OFF.

I do not know why I get the notification when Alert is off

@playpar Thanks for the clarification. Have you tried uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone or computer, and reinstalling the Ring App? If not, I’d give that a try, re-toggle the Motion Alerts off, and then test it out to see if it still incorrectly sends a notification or not. If the notification is still sending after trying these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a closer look for you and provide more advanced troubleshooting support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.