Why am I seeing funky fluorescent colors on ring video doorbell beyond the first 8 feet.

I have the Ring Video doorbelll that is clear for about 8 feet but beyond that, on our lawn, driveway and street there are flourscent pink, green and blue colors so you can’t see anything clearly. Wondeering what might be causing that to happen? My moden/router is less than 20 feet away from the Ring device and it shows good reception. Wondering if I have a faulty video doorbell or if I need to boost the wifi even closer. I have attached a photo of what I see 24/7. Anmy help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hey @dmo2339. If you go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Doorbell > Device Settings > Video Settings > do you have an option to turn on or off HDR? I would recommend putting it in the toggle of whatever way it is in not in. Then, go back to Live View and see if it looks the same! If it looks the same, reset the Doorbell by pressing and holding the setup button for 30 seconds! Let me know how this goes. :slight_smile:

Hi Chelsea,

I do not have that HDR option. I was able to talk to a Ring agent and we went through a bunch of trouble shootinng but nothing worked so he is sending me a replacement. Great customer service!! Thanks for responding to my post though, I appreciate it!

1 Like

@dmo2339 Fantastic news! I had a feeling it may be a replacement, so glad they got that taken care of for you. :slight_smile: