White lines

For the last week when viewing the ring door bell at night, all you see is interference white lines going up and down the screen. Wi-fi signal is good, and I have reset the device, and nothing has made any difference. Interestingly the day vision is unaffected. Any ideas what it could be?

Hi @SarahB29. For any issues with how the video is displaying, a reset is always a good first step. Try resetting your Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once that’s complete, reconnect it to wi-fi by following the steps under Device Health > Reconnect to Wi-Fi. This should clear up any issues you’re seeing on the videos or the Live View, but if it doesn’t, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a deeper look and provide more in-depth troubleshooting steps if needed. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I suddenly began having this same issue with my Doorbell 2 about a month ago. Went through a whole crap-ton of troubleshooting with the folks on the Twitter page, and eventually they ran out of options and told me I had to call support. Just got off the phone with them, and they told me that this problem is apparently a known issue. They say they’re “working on it”, but this problem basically makes their product useless for me. Has anyone else heard any more information regarding this? To have a known issue of this magnitude for this long seems ridiculous to me. Many posts I can find on these forums go back to mid-2020 reporting this issue. The best part of this is I have a Ring Assist Plus extended warranty that I paid extra for on this doorbell - Ring has told me I just need to “be patient and wait” - I suppose they’re waiting for my extended warranty to expire so they can tell me to go away. Anybody else have any ideas here?