When you set your Ring device to Away, Guard will automatically be set to Away mode also

I was reading the following support article.

“When you set your Ring device to Away, Guard will automatically be set to Away mode also”

I tested this on my phone and my wife’s phone at the same time to observe if this actually occurs in real time and it does not.

Is there a trick to this? Do we need to have a subscription to Alexa Guard or Ring Protect?

Any assistance is appreciated.
Thank you

Hi @hand123. Alexa Guard is a free feature available for supported Amazon Echo devices that can detect the sound of smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, or glass breaking when you set Guard to Away mode. To make sure Alexa Guard is synced with your Ring Alarm in the Alexa app, follow these steps:

• Open up the Alexa App
  • Select Devices
  • Tap on Guard
  • Tap on the settings icon on the top right hand side
  • Under Connect, select Sync Guard modes with Ring & more
  • Select your Ring Alarm

Let me know if these steps help with your concern!

Hello,
Thank you for the reply.
When I “select Sync Guard modes with Ring & more” I only see a screen to shop for Guard Bundles.

I have already linked my Amazon Echo Alexa app and account with my Ring app and account. I already have Ring cameras and doorbells installed, activated and working with Amazon Alexa and Ring.

@hand123 This is meant to work with the Ring Alarm System. Do you have this in addition to your Cameras and Doorbells? If you do not, then this is why you are not able to enable this feature.