When will my Insurance Certificate update with Fire?

Hi, I bought a ring alarm system for my homeowner’s insurance. Little did I know, I needed fire monitoring so after I installed my ring alarm system I ordered the Alarm Smoke & CO Listener. I have had the new listener installed for over a week now and my Insurance Certificate still does not have fire added to it. Any ideas when/how that will get updated as the deadline for my homeowner’s insurance is approaching.

Thanks!

You’d have to call customer service.

Call Us
US: +1(800) 656-1918 (24/7)
US: +1(888) 981-8993 (Español - 24/7)
INTL: +1(310) 929-7085 (24/7)

1 Like

I’m curious about the same thing. Did you ever figure this out or get a response from Ring?

Yes, I needed to buy https://shop.ring.com/products/alarm-smoke-co-listener and add it to my system for fire to show on my insurance certificate.

I’m at a loss. In your original post you said you already had the smoke and co listener ?

Yeah I believe I had to call customer service so they could update it for me.

I’m setting up Ring alarm with First Alert Z-Wave Smoke/CO Alarm. Do I get fire alarm certficate for my insurance company with First Alert alarm? Or do I have to buy Ring’s smoke and CO alarm in order to get that certificate?

Could the First Alert Z-Wave smoke/CO alarm also generate the fire certificate?

Good question, @JasonZh! The First Alert Smoke/CO will indeed add the Fire/Smoke verbiage to the certificate. There are a couple of ways in which you can retrieve the insurance certificate. Check out our help center article for instructions on both methods (app/ browser). If the fire verbiage does not show despite having the Smoke/ CO setup, registered, and are subscribed to Protect Plus for professional monitoring, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like