When someone rings doorbell, it's announced at all my locations

I have 3 separate locations for Ring and Alexa Show 8. When someone rings my Ring doorbell at one locations, the Ring doorbell video is announced at all locations and the Ring video shows up on my Echo Show 8 at my other location. How do I stop this?

Hi @nodaicrag. In the Alexa app, navigate to Devices > All Devices > select your Ring Video Doorbell > tap on Settings > select Announcement Devices. From there, you can select which Alexa devices will play voice notifications and have the Live View display when someone rings the Doorbell. You can follow these steps for each Video Doorbell. We have more information on doorbell press and motion announcements here as well. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you for responding!

Under Alexa app (why isn’t this in Ring app), there is no sub section for you Video Doorbell.

Terrible interface.

@nodaicrag I’m not sure what you mean by subsection. After navigating to All Devices in the Alexa app, you need to locate your Doorbell from the list, whatever you have it named as. After tapping on your Doorbell, you will see the Announcement Devices option that you can tap on.

Got to the Alexa app
Click more bottom right.

Then settings

Then device settings.

Find your camera then click it.

Then click on announcements.

Uncheck what devices you do not want to see the camera show up on.

Hope this helps everyone. Took me a while to get it but figured it out.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this @Djsnaps12!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.