When is police called?

Hi, I got the annual plan for ring. There has been a few times my alarm went off by accident (forgetting to turn off the alarm before coming in, wrong setting to away instead of home, etc).

For all the times the alarm went off no cops showed up or I did not get a call. We did turn it off with our phones or imputing code into the keypad. When are the cops called to come to the house or does it deactivate once the code is put in or someone turns it off from their phone?

Without any follow up how would ring know it wasn’t a break-in and someone just stole ones phone to turn it off, because who ever owns a ring system know how it works.

Thanks

When the burglar alarm is triggered, registered contacts are reached and if nobody answers or nobody provides the password, then police is dispatched.

You should review your settings as you may not have Monitoring turned on at all.

This article explains the different scenarios.

1 Like

My alarm went off. Ring did not call me. I could not find a way to successfilly notify Ring not to notify the police that the alarm was not urgent. Ring"s phone service stinks!!!
I called the police. The police were already dispatched.

Hi @user23284. I’d recommend verifying that your phone number is correctly listed under the Emergency Contacts section in the Ring app. To get here, tap the menu in the top left > tap Settings > tap Monitoring > tap Emergency Contacts and make sure the correct phone numbers for each contact are listed.