What's with $40 for 1 camera $150 unlimited and nothing in between

Hi, I’m new to this so apologies if this is a well asked question. I have one ring camera and pay $40 Aud for my ring pro protect plan, I want to buy a second camera, however the next plan upgrade for more than one camera is $150 which to me seems like a crazy pricing strategy. To me it seems like by paying $150, I am getting ripped off if I don’t have 4 camera? Can I pay $40 twice or does the plan not work like that? It’s not really the cost, more the principle and getting poor value for money. Thanks in advance.

Hi @user3332. You can pay for two Ring Protect Basic plans if you have only 2 devices at your home. Once you’ve got 4 Doorbells or Cameras that you wish to have under a plan, that’s when the Ring Protect Plus plan would be a better deal than paying for 4 individual Basic plans. You can find more general information on our Ring Protect plans here. I hope this helps clear things up for you! :slight_smile:

Ring Protect Plus is a much better deal with multiple devices, plus you get the extended warranty unlike the Basic plan.

1 Like