What should i purchase

Hello
i have villa and i want install intercom system for it

i already have 580 Electric mortice lock , ( wiring to unlock door )

im looking for system that give me those
1 - if someone ring , i can talk to him 2 ways using my phone
2 - i can open door even im outside home from same app

i don’t want use 2 apps , i want one app to answer a call and open door

3 - on same time , will be good if work with IP so i can integrated with my current indoor screen

i purchased before ring Video Doorbell Elite
but i see it doesn’t open door

Hi @user94. I’m happy to share resources with you that may help you decide which Doorbell will be the best fit for what you’re looking for. First off, we have the Doorbell Buyer’s Guide, which will compare the requirements and features of our different Doorbell models. You can also check the Chime Kit Compatibility list in our Help Center for whichever Doorbell model you’re looking at, as you’ll want to make sure the chime kit you’re using is compatible if you want it to ring inside as well as at the door.

As for smart locks, the majority of our smart lock integration is with Z-Wave locks that integrate with the Ring Alarm system. It doesn’t look like the lock you have will be compatible with the Ring App. However, the Ring app is compatible with smart lock systems from Kevo, LockState, Kisi, or Lockitron, which you can read more about here. Additionally, there is the Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt that also works with the Ring App via the Key by Amazon integration.

That’s a lot of information, but that should help answer all of the questions you have. Let me know if there’s anything else I can answer for you. :slight_smile:

@user94 A ring device isn’t going to work for you with that lock. Its not a smart lock you have as such I think its basically an electric lock which you could then integrate with another system. You will need to look at a solution from someone like HikVision, Dahua, DoorBird or others. They all do PoE intercoms which I think can integrate with an electric lock plus they have apps. The drawback of them has always been the lack of internal chimes (doorbird do them but everything from them costs a fortune).

1 Like