What is the max record time for the Spotlight Cam battery Version

Hi,

I just purchased the Spotlight Cam Battery along with the Chime Pro and it seems like there is a delay between when the cam is triggered by motion and when it can be triggered agian.

Tonight I triggerd the cam when I pulled into my driveway and it only recorded for 30sec and then the spotlight turned off and it stopped recording even though I was in front of it moving around.

Is 30sec the max recording time for this camera?

What is the time between when the camera senses motion, records and is ready to record again?

Hey @Kudzu! The recording time on our battery powered Cams are 30 seconds if unanswered. If you tap the notification when received and view the event live, you can continue to view a live stream for up to 10 minutes. As far as time between events, you can alter your Motion Frequency, in the Spotlight Cam’s Motion Settings, to ensure motions are being detected at the rate in which you’d like. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Please pass this along to the team. Users would like to control the recording time. I understand battery powered cams are 30 seconds to save battery life, but a lot of the time 30 seconds is not enough to catch suspicious activity. I have multiple batteries and I have no problem swapping them out more just so I can record longer videos. Other brands of cameras allow you to do it. Why cant Ring?

1 Like

Please visit this website as well: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003477106-Understanding-and-Optimizing-Motion-Detection-with-Motion-Frequency. " **Frequent: ** This setting minimizes the system’s sensitivity to repetitive motion and by default will tend to react to each motion it detects as a discrete event. If it does detect repetitive motion, it also eliminates the system’s sleep time before the next round of scanning. This setting is useful for areas that get minimal traffic such as back and side yards or for areas that require heightened security. While it will drain the batteries faster than other settings, it also provides the most coverage for an area. This setting is also useful when adjusting your motion settings." You can change the Motion Frequency by going to Device Settings > Motion Settings > Motion Frequency. Since the feature to choose recording duration is not yet available, which I hope they will add in the feature, you can use this setting to record continuous motion on 30-second video clips instead.

@BDR54935 wrote:

Please pass this along to the team. Users would like to control the recording time. I understand battery powered cams are 30 seconds to save battery life, but a lot of the time 30 seconds is not enough to catch suspicious activity. I have multiple batteries and I have no problem swapping them out more just so I can record longer videos. Other brands of cameras allow you to do it. Why cant Ring?

1 Like