What is the difference with the camera batteries app charge level icons?

What is the difference with the camera batteries app charge level icons? Both cameras batteries just got charged to 100% and reinstalled. I notice a difference in the battery level icons. Please see the two attached images. Thanks in advance for info./explanation.

Screenshot 2021-12-05 100743

Hi @GoBananas. Do you have any Solar Panels installed with any of your Ring Cameras? Or are they all only powered via the battery?

They are all only powered by battery. No solar involved.

This should not be happening if there is not a solar charging accessory in use. If one was recently used, please allow some time for the Ring app to show this change. If not, our support team can certainly take a closer look at this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

We have never had solar panel charging on any of our Ring devices, none. And here it is again. This time it appears to be showing it is charging off a solar charger, which it does not have, plus it’s located inside the garage. What gives with that? Thanks

Hi @GoBananas. As Marley mentioned, this should not be happening. I suggest reaching out to ur support team to have them look into this for you.

1 Like

Happening to even more cameras which have never had solar.

Same thing with me, 2 doorbells, never any solar, but 1 shows the rising sun, both are hardwired, been doing it for awhile, just wondering if it is changing correctly, almost feels like it isn’t but the front one is fine

Hi @Jostel21. If you do not have a Ring Solar Panel or Solar Charger and you’re seeing the solar icon in the Ring app, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here to take a closer look.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.