What is Amazon/Ring doing to prevent jamming?

Ring and Amazon management, please tell the community what’s being done to prevent jamming. There are now widespread reports of people’s video doorbells failing to record criminal activity.

The Ring doorbells are working fine before and after an incident, but being jammed by thieves during the crime which makes the Ring doorbell completely useless and a waste of money.

Peoples cars are getting stolen in broad daylight! Packages are being stolen in broad daylight!

Customers need a solution for this provided free of charge, through a software or firmware update.

Please tell us what’s being done!

1 Like

I’m a journalist looking into this issue. Can you please send me an email or message me here on ring.

1 Like

We are passionate about our neighbor’s security and are always working in pursuit of our mission of helping make neighborhoods safer. As many of our devices are wifi-enabled, they do require a wifi signal to operate. If you’re concerned about your wifi signal, we recommend checking out our devices with Power Over Ethernet (POE) capabilities.

Please keep in mind, the Ring Community is a public neighbor to neighbor forum. We care greatly about our neighbors’ security and privacy, and advise neighbors to not post personal information, such as email addresses, in the Community. Please check out our Community Guidelines at your earliest convenience. These guidelines are to ensure our Community is great for all neighbors. For any further media related requests, you may reach out to our team by email at media@ring.com. Thank you!