Weather resistant not so resistant

I have been placing the spotlight cam battery under the eaves over the last couple of years with no issues, however since I place it out in the weather a month ago I noticed today the battery is drained even I had a solar panel connected and the lens fogged up on the inside. We did have a few days of rain in the past so I suspect the water has found its way in but isn’t the cam suppose to be weather resistant? I’m now out of warranty and have no ideal how am I going to fix the cam or do I need to purchase a new one.

Sorry to hear about this, @Minigo! While our outdoor Cameras are rated for weather resistance and designed to operate in normal conditions, we do advise to avoid extreme weather conditions, moisture, or direct torrential water. In this case, it sounds like the Camera is operational, but you can visibly see moisture in the lens. I recommend brining this Camera inside for some time, and then relocating it to a different mounting area that might be more protected from water/ moisture.

As you mentioned being out of your limited warranty period, subscribing to a Protect Plus plan during your original warranty period can extend your warranty coverage. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.