Weak Wifi with Range Extener

I know this is an old topic but nobody seems to have an answer that fits my problem. The Video and audio from my Doorbell 2 is choppy and keeps freezing. I put this down to a weak signal at the front door which is one floor down and at the other side of the building. So have bought a range extender - two in fact both of which were plugged in mid-way between the router and the Ring Doorbell. I follow the setup process to the letter and have no problem connecting to my Sky Wifi, but when I come to switch over to the network extender, nothing further happens, it just keeps searching on an unsecure network. The Wifi signal at the front door is weaker than if I just leave it on my normal network and Im just left in limbo. This is the second Wifi Extender I have tried, this one cost £50 as I though the first one may have just been too cheap. What am I doing wrong and do I need to do because Im not very tech savvy and cant figure out what the problem is.

Hi @M1ke. This will all depend on the RSSI you have at your Doorbell. A strong RSSI should yield good quality video. If you have a weak RSSI, you’re best bet is to get a Chime Pro. These serve as a wifi extender that is specific to Ring Devices and has a great track record of improving video quality.

If this concern still persists after improving your RSSI, reach out to our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.