Warranty Replacement Ring Doorbell Pro and Ring Protect Plan

I recently had to have my Ring Doorbell Pro replaced under warranty and I had a Ring Basic Protect Plan on my old doorbell. Will my replacement doorbell be covered under this plan now that the replacement doorbell is the only active doorbell I have?

I only ask because I am getting an email notice that my Ring Protect Trial is about to expire and I will lose all videos after this date. I was given instructions to follow when replacing the defective doorbell with the replacement (which I followed) and was told there would be nothing I have to do pertaining to the Ring Protect Plan but it seems this email is telling me otherwise.

Does anyone know if the replacement doorbell will be picked up by the Ring Protect Plan after the trial expires or is there something I need to do to make sure this replacement doorbell gets covered by the Ring Protect Plan.

Any and all advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dan

Glad you asked, @CBR954RR! When replacing your Ring device with a Protect Basic Plan and needing the subscription to carry over, this process should be automatic as long as the old device was not deleted from your account before the new device was set up and the transfer took place. If the old Ring device has been deleted already, but the videos and/or the subscription did not transfer over, the best next step is to reach back out to our team to ensure for a proper transfer process.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like