Warning about Ring Protect Plans

Yeah this is insane. I’m glad I found this thread though, bc I thought I was going crazy.

To be fair, “Marley” is probably a bot programmed to just say “check your WiFi, beep boop blorp!”

It’s DEFINITELY correlated to the trial running out, and reading all of these posts, I’m sure of it. I’m also willing to file a BBB report.

Hi there, neighbors. If you’ve tried the suggestions in this thread to no avail, a more in-depth look from our support team might be necessary. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

My live view worked fine after install, right up to the time the free trial ended. I didn’t purchase the plan. Now when I get a motion notification I can’t connect to live view for about 15 minutes or more. My network is fine, all my other devices, including cameras connect just fine. It is not a network issue, so please don’t say that. I get the little picture that is useless because it’s too small to see and if I click on it to make it larger it disappears and tries to connect to live view. Anyone else out there having this issue?

So glad I found this thread. So many hours wasted fighting with customer care and they simply blamed it on my internet or tried to sell.me the chime pro. Bought a doorbell 3 on prime day 2020. Worked fine until the trial period and then as you guessed it stopped working after the protect plan expired. I went crazy trying to switch internet connections , talkong to customer care. Finally thought that i had a faulty hardware which Ring was refusing to recognize convinced Amazon to send me a replacement unit. Again the new unit worked fine until yesterday when the protect plan expired. Now from today onwards stupid motion alerts through out the day , live view refuses to connect. I mean what is going on !!

Marlet

Which suggestion are you talking about , pray tell ?