Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
M
Warning about Ring Protect Plans
cs-support
ring-protect-plans
Warning about upgrading to Ring Protect Plan. I wanted to post a warning and a disappointment. I have a Ring Series 2. The product is fine and working. However when the initial trial protect plan expired I was away from home. I signed up for the one year protect plan. Immediately the device stopped working. I called support and the only thing they said was to go to the device and reset it. I am not there and won't be for a while. No where in the sign-up did it say that you need to be at home on sign-up to reset the device. So now I am completely off-line. What is even worse is that every ten minutes I am receiving a notice of movement as the system seems to be repeating the last notice from 2 days ago over and over. I have now have to shut the notifications down so I have a completely useless product product and have paid for a protect plan that I can not use. Really not a good feature. A warning needs to be posted immediately so that others do not have the same product.

22-01-2020 03:47:55

Responses (35)

D
Thanks the warning. I was just about to subscribe to the Ring security plan but I am traveling. Will now wait until I can access my Ring doorbell. DAVE

22-01-2020 05:37:49

C
Did you subscribe before or after trial ends? I've already subscribed and i hope the migration to be flawless the day it will expire. I can se no more the trial end alert on the different apps. May be that ptoblem surge only if you let trial expire and only subscribe after...

22-01-2020 11:33:36

E
I subscribed before my trial ended. I had no issues either. The day it went from basic to pro was either the same day or the next. I didn't have to reset or do anything. That was my experience at least.

22-01-2020 11:38:58

B
I too had the same problem. I just bought the Ring Video Doorbell 3 with Echo Show 5 in October on Prime Day 2020. Once the trial expired, the live connection will not connect (day & night). It worked just fine during the free initial trial period. That tells me that Ring is trying to get you to subscribe and will make it hard on you if you aren't a subscriber. Its awful and I don't recommend any of the Ring products.

23-12-2020 07:38:20

BP
I too bought the ring 3 around Thanksgiving. After the 30 day trial period, the device would go off on motion about 100 times an hour. After calling ring and upgrading to the next level of support, they replaced the unit. The second unit did the exact same thing. The day the 30 day trial ended, the live view quit working, the motion detection didn't work but I received the annoying sound on my phone continuously. I called Ring and went through their same by the book procedures in resetting and nothing. The lady told me it was my internet with packet losses. Since I do this for a living, I knew she was wrong. After telling them what was the issue, her supervisor gave me a 7 day trial period. Miraculously, the device starting working again and no motion detection every 2 seconds. It's working fine right now. I told her great, I don't want your recording plan. I just want what ring promises without the plan which is motion and the live view. She told me the only way to probably keep that is to buy a plan. Follow up: I received the 7 day trial and the minute it expired my phone started blowing up again. I called again and was told again there was motion at my front door....there wasn't. It went off 102 times in under 30 minutes. The support lady kept asking me if the noise going off was my doorbell and wanted me to go through their process again. I asked three times to transfer me to a supervisor who wouldn't come on the phone. The support lady told me they applied another 7 day trial and I would have to purchase a plan if I wanted the constant announcements to stop. She admitted to me that I needed to buy a plan for it to work correctly. Wow...not false advertising at all on Ring's part.

26-12-2020 06:46:17

U
This happened to me too. As soon as my trial period was up my Live view stopped working unless I went out side and activated it by motion. I was also getting alerts that there was motion and there was nothing. I called and they sent new firmware to my ring and gave me 7 more days of trial. Again it was working great and today the trial was up, now I am back to getting alerts again and nothing is there. I also had a hard time seeing live view. Ugh, so disappointing and the fact that they have no way to contact but to call.

02-02-2021 09:44:31

U
This happened to me too. As soon as my trial period was up my Live view stopped working unless I went out side and activated it by motion. I was also getting alerts that there was motion and there was nothing. I called and they sent new firmware to my ring and gave me 7 more days of trial. Again it was working great and today the trial was up, now I am back to getting alerts again and nothing is there. I also had a hard time seeing live view. Ugh, so disappointing and the fact that they have no way to contact but to call.

02-02-2021 09:44:31

T
I am having the same issue!!

04-01-2021 05:12:36

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User