Volume on Doorbell Audio Way Too Loud!

I have just installed a battery powered Ring Video Doorbell. The problem we have is when we allow the audio to speak with anyone outside the volume is way way too loud!! Any noises/voices in the house boom out loudly and anyone within 20 yards of the house can hear anything being said through the intercom. This is a serious privacy concern but I have no idea how to set the volume at a much lower level. Also, there is a volume slider for a ringer but I have no idea what this ringer is. When I first installed it the ringer volume was almost at the max and now I’ve put it down to the lowest level but I have no idea what it is.

To turn down the ringer volume coming for your Video Doorbell, visit the Video Doorbell Device Settings > General Settings in the Ring app and lower the volume there. At this time, there is not a volume control for the Video Doorbell speaker and two way talk.

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to vote on any existing requests on our Feature Request Board. :slight_smile:

Many owners seem to be having the same problem of the doorbell speaker being too loud! Is ring addressing this issue?

1 Like

Many thanks however I have already turned the ringer down but my question was “what is the ringer”? I have no idea what it is as the instructions don’t say and I cannot see any difference whether it is at the bottom or top of the volume slider.

Hi @user5690. The “Ringer” for the Doorbell is the tone that is heard at the Doorbell when the button is pushed. This tone comes from the Doorbell itself.